Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Marathon: Dream Knight

I am officially a fan girl of GOT7 now. I was a fan of their music and I was becoming a serious fan of Jackson after watching him in Roommate but I think I've fallen in love with all seven of them after watching Dream Knight.




Overview: A high school orphan gets bullied and is also sick but four dreamy guardians, played by JB, Mark, Youngjae, and Jackson of GOT7, come to protect her. The show is 12 episodes long with episode lengths ranging from 12-22 minutes long. I watched it on DramaFever.

Why It's Worth Marathon-ing:
1. GOT7: Some may complain that this is only a promotional opportunity for GOT7, which it is, but they're worth promoting. Not only are they talented at singing and dancing but they are pretty decent actors too. I was surprised that they acted so well and made me really enjoy watching their performances. Aside from that their looks kind of made me fall for them even more. There are a lot of close ups of their faces in this drama so if you are already a GOT7 fan this'll be a treat for you.


2. PLOT: Sometimes in mini-dramas, plots get rushed or have holes, but this one was pretty well written and well executed. They managed to tie all the strings in the drama successfully. Also, though parts of the plot are quite familiar, the show never got boring and it managed to feel fresh.

3. CAMEOS: There were some amazing JYP cameos in the drama. From 2PM's Chansung to Miss A's Min to 2AM's Changmin to 15&'s  Jimin to Choi Woo Shik, to JYP himself. It was very nice to see members of the same agency supporting each other, but it was also nice to see their acting skills.

4. THE ENDING: I am not going to say anything about what happened during the ending, but I must say that it was a very good ending. It was sad but sweet. I actually cried which is really rare for me. 

This was a really nice drama. It was a little cheesy at times but it didn't take any skin off my back to watch it for almost 3 hours straight. I ended the drama feeling satisfied and with a new place just for GOT7 in my heart, which I am sure was the point of giving them their own miniseries. I highly recommend it. If you're not a drama snob then you'll like it. Also, if you have a friend that you've been trying to expose to dramas little by little then I don't think this one would be a bad one to start with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment