Wednesday, April 9, 2014

KPOP: HIGH4's Debut Song


I just have to talk about this because I have only heard the song like four times and I'm already in love with it. I'm so excited about this group and anxious to hear more from them. This is my first time being super excited about a new group so I definitely felt a need to talk about their debut song "Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms."



Background on the Group:
The group is composed of four members. Kim Sung Gu, leader and a vocalist; Kim Alexander aka Alex, rapper and dancer; Baek Myung Han, vocalist; and Yim Young Jun, rapper and maknae. "HIGH4 is currently preparing to release an album in May, and will proceed thereafter with various television promotions, acting projects, and musicals," as reported by Soompi.com.

Background on the Song:
The song was written by IU who is also featured in the song. It's a soft song with a great beat, a good mix of R&B and pop that many KPOP artists are great at doing. The chorus is catchy, too catchy. The video already has over 500,000 views on YouTube and it's only been 2 days. It has also accomplished an "all kill" on music charts (Read More About It). It is about how lonely they are during spring which we all know is the season of romance, so no spring, love, or cherry blossoms, they're having none of it.

My Thoughts:
After my first listen, I thought the song was good but I wasn't that impressed however the song is super catchy and that made me return, and once I returned I was hooked. The voices of the vocal talent shine and make for a song that is easy to listen to on repeat. The rap after the second verse was not a distraction nor did it mess with the flow of the song, I approve. Overall all it's a sweet sounding song that doesn't have that sweet of a message. The entire song is springtime perfection but my favorite part is when Kim Sung Gu sings. Ahhhhhhh! Daebak! His voice is deep enough and soulful enough to get me to fall in love with him. Compared to the other vocalists his voice is just ahskajhdjshdijdhfihfdu. So, I can't really explain it but I'm sure some of you know what I mean. And the little bit of choreography at the end was so cute! The whole video was good. I have completely fallen head over heels for the song and really really want to hear more from the group.

HIGH4 Fighting!


No comments:

Post a Comment