Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday Marathon: Love Cells

You know that I only watched the drama because the name "Kim Woo Bin" popped up on the cast list. Even though I came for Kim Woo Bin I stayed for the adorable main cast and the fun story line. 




Overview: A young man is in danger of losing his love cells because he has yet to date anyone. One of his love cells escapes and takes over his cat and coaches him on how to get the girl of his dreams who just so happens to be an untouchable idol.

Why it's Worth Marathon-ing:
1. LENGTH
The length is really a key point. The writer(s) managed to fit everything you might love or hate from a full length drama in about 6 to 12 minutes. It'll only take about 2 hours to watch from beginning to end but you can also watch during your lunch or study breaks if you can't find the time. I watched it on DramaFever.

2. CAST
There is a cast of wacky characters including the main character's next door neighbor played by Jang Hyuk and Park Joon Hyung as an ad model for all the special tools Navi has. The main cast includes: Park Sun Ho as Ma Dae Choon, Kim Yoo Jung as Navi (love cell/cat), Nam Ji Hyun as Seo Rin, and Baek Sung Hyun as Chun Ji Woon. The short also features Kim Woo Bin as the Love Cell Hunter.

3. PLOT
The main story line is pretty original, and the show was sweet and funny. Though romantic comedies are a dime a dozen this one has a pretty original concept. The idea that one has love cells that die off if you live your life as a single person too long is an interesting idea and one that I was happy to see played out. It was sweet in the fact that the romance never felt overly forced. From the beginning the concept was to force the romance so that the main character's love cells wouldn't die but it never got to a point where I cringed at it. It was very hilarious too see some big name stars act pretty wacky and it was funny to see the main character Ma Dae Choon try to win over the affections of Seo Rin, the idol he had a crush on.

4. ENDING
The ending was pretty surprising. I don't want to spoil anything but I will say that there was quite the turn of events near the end. The very ending also seemed to be promising a sequel in which the Love Cell Hunter's story would be told. I finished the drama feeling satisfied even if the story didn't exactly go as I planned in my head I thought the writer(s) did a very good job. 


If you are currently looking for your next short, I definitely recommend this one. I am actually thinking of re-watching it just so I can see it from beginning to end without a whole week between some episodes. 

I know it's been a a while since I've done one of these, but a whole bunch of shorter drama are starting to be released so hopefully I'll be able to keep Marathon Monday alive for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment