Wednesday, December 18, 2013

KPOP: SHINee's New Mini Album


I LOVE THIS ALBUM! Just thought I'd put that out there. As one of the most popular K-Pop groups, Shinee was bound to deliver, but they surpassed my expectations. I have listened to a few singles but never an entire album or mini album from Shinee, so I was pleasantly surprised when I fell in love with the entire album almost immediately. Well let's get straight into the tracklist. 


1. "Everybody": A very infectious title song. The word "everybody" will be permanently etched into your mind, but you won't mind because the song is good. It is your typical electro-pop song, with a futuristic tone. It's a great way to introduce the album because it's all about coming to life.

2. "Symptoms": Our first ballad and first taste of R&B in the album. The song sounds really amazing when it's playing on full volume. Each member's voice really shines and their harmonies were really tight during the chorus.

3. "Queen of New York": If you don't learn to love this song, then something's wrong with you. It is a fun and upbeat song about love at first sight and the EDM/disco mix works perfectly.

4. "One Minute Back": At first this song wasn't a favorite of mine. It was so choppy and weird, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. The lyrics are also worth noting. The song is basically about a cheating lover and them wanting to turn back the clock to before they found out. So I can kind of interpret the choppiness of the song as their expression of disbelief at the situation. Or am I reaching?

5. "Destination": Though it is a good song, it's not the most memorable. It fits in well with the other songs, but it's not one that I feel the need to listen to over and over again.

6. "Close the Door": My favorite song of the album and 2013. It honestly makes me swoon every time I hear it. My favorite part is Minho's rap. Usually I don't go for a rap in the middle of a soft song, but this one is perfect.

7. "Colorful": This song is so happy sounding. I definitely think it would fit in a High School Musical drama.

So, that is my run down of the Everybody mini album. Hope you give it a listen. If you've listened to the album tell me which song is your favorite in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment