Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Favorite Dramas of 2013

There was so much to watch in 2013! Just when I thought I was caught up, a whole new crop of dramas came my way. Needless to say I missed a few shows, but I also managed to watch some pretty great shows from this year.

This is the entire list of Dramas that I completed from 2013 (Alphabetically):
1. A Clinic on the Sea
2. Answer Me 1994
3. Dating Agency: Cyrano
4. Flower Boy Next Door
5. Good Doctor
6. Heirs
7. Her Legend
8. I Hear Your Voice
9. Infinite Power
10. Marry Him if You Dare
11. Monstar
12. Nail Shop Paris
13. Two Weeks
14. Unemployed Romance
15. Who are You
16. You're the Best Lee Soon Shin

Out of those 16 there are 5 that I will recommend to anyone who hasn't already seen them.


5. Who Are You: This show was about a detective who could see the dead and solved crimes through and for the dead she saw. I was so excited to watch this show because of Taec Yeon. I've adopted him and really wanted to follow his acting career as much as possible (which is why I watch Cinderella's Sister). The concept for the show wasn't new, but it didn't matter because the cast and acting were pretty great. I like the overall theme of the show and although I could see some things coming, for the most part I was kept on my toes and I appreciate that.


4. I Hear Your Voice: One of the most raved about dramas from this year. It's about a teenage boy who could read people's minds. Unfortunately this talent gets him trapped inside an epic battle between he, the man who murdered his father, and his first love. It featured a strong female lead, Oska as Attorney Cha (Yoon Sang-hyun), and one of Korea's many heartthrobs (Lee Jung Suk). One of my favorite things about the show was definitely the female lead of Jang Hye Sung played by Lee Bo Young. She was a tough, take-no-prisoners kind of gal; someone I could actually tolerate watching even after half the show was over. 



3. Good Doctor: This was an amazing drama. It is about a young doctor with autism who becomes a resident at one of the best hospitals in Korea. Though he was able to overcome many traumas and obstacles he still has to fight his way to acceptance.  Joo Won's acting was so great, I totally believed him the entire time. The show did a great job of showing how people with disabilities can do great things and achieve more then people imagine for them. However, they didn't hold back on the prejudices he encountered which made the show seem more realistic. The best part, for me, was that nothing seemed forced. All of the relationships came about organically and people didn't just change because Dr. Park was proving them wrong. The dad stayed bitter and nasty the entire time, which sucked, but also spoke about human nature.


2. Two Weeks: If you're looking for action to check out from this year then this is one to check out. It is about a man who finds out that he has a daughter that has cancer. In order to save his daughter he must donate his bone marrow, but before that can happen he is framed for murder. One of the things that I liked about this show is the lack of romance. I notice that in dramas once you give the audience a little hint at romance that's all they focus on. However, that wasn't the point of this drama and I liked that though it was integrated into the plot at times it wasn't as much of a focal point. The lack of romance made you focus on the main character and his fight for the survival of him and his child. Also, the little girl who played Soo Jin melted my heart every single time.


1. Answer Me 1994: The much anticipated prequel to Answer Me 1997! Like Answer Me 1997 it's about a group of kids (college kids) living life in the 90's. It was fun playing the "Who's the Husband" game with the other viewers. I was strictly #TeamChilbong, but toward the end I was just hoping that Na Jung would end up happy. Thankfully the writers managed to give us that. I also appreciated the other characters and couples of the show. I have to say that the Sung Kyun-Yoon Jin pairing was amazingly adorable and every moment they were on screen, after becoming a couple, was gold. I definitely enjoyed watching the show from beginning to end.

I hope I didn't spoil any of the shows for those who haven't watched them yet.

Overall it was a pretty great year filled with great shows. I can only hope that 2014 is half as entertaining. 
Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment